All you need to know on how to acquire an East Africa tourist visa and fees for Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, and Tanzania?
Cost of East African Tourists Visa, the price of an East Africa tourist visa was expensive and limiting some tourists who wished to visit more than one country in East Africa on a single trip, with the new introduction of the East Africa tourist visa, it is now possible for all tourists from all parts of the world visiting any of these countries that include Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan and DR Congo Kenya, travelers can visit using one single East African tourist visa that allows multiple entries to any of above members country of the East African community, for all those who are planning a trip to East Africa this is cheaper the easiest way of getting a visa to East Africa.
Why do we recommend an East African tourist visa?
East African tourist visa gives tourists the opportunity to visit more than one country within the East African community on a single visa, this kind of visa is valid for 3 months (90 days), you only to start your tour from the country where you applied for the East African visa, for example, if you apply in Uganda that’s where you will begin from and end in any other country of you choose within the East African community.
In addition, you will only pay the from the country where you begin your trip to East Africa and you do not need to pay for any return visas, East African tourist visa cost only $100, take NOTE that after 3 months (90 days) are over you cannot extend East African tourist visa, if you intend to stay longer after 3 months are over you have to exit to another country which is not in East African community then you can come back in East Africa again to the country you wish to go to.
Before the introduction of the single entry visa, tourists would be paying for a visa each time they entered any of the three East African countries at a cost of about $50. This option still exists if you are planning to visit only one of the countries or if you want to get the visa on short notice. The normal tourist visa can easily be got from any of the border crossings or airports without having to apply in advance.
In 2014 after many years of engagement of all presidents of all countries in East Africa, the East Africa Tourist Visa was introduced as one of the moves to promote tourism in East Africa, this visa makes it easy for tourists to access East Africa.
How to acquire and steps to follow when applying for the East African Tourist visa
To acquire an East African visa is easy you only need to follow these few steps
- Find the website for the country you wish to start from
- Fill out the East African tourist’s visa form online
- When applying online you need also to have your itinerary, and flight booking information
- Have an invitation letter or tour itinerary from the tour operator you booked your tour within East Africa
- Make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months
- Have 3 passport photos taken with white background
You apply for an East Africa visa online (website) from the diplomatic or immigration office of the country you wish to start your trip from, also some the countries like Uganda and Rwanda allow tourists to pay and get their East African tourist visa on their arrival at the airport or at any of their entry points but we recommend that you apply online because it very simple and easy, the other option is that you can as well get it from directly from nearest consulate/ embassy of the country wish to start from.
Still talking about the cost of East African Tourists Visa, East African citizens do not need a visa to go to any of the above countries within the East African community, all they need is their National Identity Card or passport to cross the borders but for the foreigner travelers who wish to visit more than one country within East African community you definitely need to apply for the East African tourists’ visa.
Uganda, Kenya, and Rwanda, you can get an East African tourist Visa on the arrival at the airport and at border entries, but it is still advisable to apply online because getting it on the arrival may delay you because the process may take longer as when you reach the airport, they clear those with the visa and after clear those who are getting it on the arrival so the best thing is to apply for it online in advance for your convenience when you arrive at the airport.
in addition to the information about these countries in the East African Community and the cost of East African Tourists Visa is always available at the embassies in your home country and on these countries, website check on the online visa application portal.
10 Facts about East African Tourists Visa, costs, how to pay it online, and when applying?
- The cost of an East African tourist visa is $100 per person and can be paid online using a visa card, master card, credit card, American Express card, or use of any other online payment mothed.
- remember to add a surcharge when making payment and also remember visa fees are not refundable.
- Getting an East African tourist visa online takes about 3 days but sometimes it can delay up to a week because sometimes people are many so it can take longer to be approved
- When you finally receive the visa, please print it and keep the hard copy to show the immigration Officers on your arrival at the airport.
- When filling visa application form please fill in all the information as required because incomplete applications will not be approved.
- East African tourists visa is only valid for 3 months (90 days)
- East African tourist visa cannot be extended, if you want to stay longer you must first exit the East African community and apply again
- If you don’t want to use the East African tourist Visa you can use the normal visa which costs $50 single entry
- East African Tourist Visa is only for people coming as tourists not work
- Once you move out of the East African community country automatically your East African Tourist Visa becomes invalid.
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +256785790925 also on WhatsApp for more information or for a free quote