3 Day Active Volcano of Nyiragongo Tour
Face the active lava of Nyiragongo, Lava lakes are huge volumes of molten lava which form in the vents or craters of volcanoes. Lava partially fills the crater or vent following an eruption, or when a new vent erupts for a period of weeks, leaving a crater that then fills with lava. They usually have a grey crust that forms over the top as the molten rock partly solidifies in the cooler air. This crust measures between two inches (5cm) and 11.8 inches (30cm) and after it forms it gradually shifts and moves into the molten lava below and is replaced by another crust.
This process can take a few minutes, or a few hours depending on the size of the lake. This movement is often referred to as ‘tectonic’ activity because it resembles the way in which the Earth’s plates move, spread and slip. Mount Nyiragongo is part of the Virunga volcanic chain that straddles the border between the Democratic Republic of Congo and Rwanda. It is one five major lava lakes that have formed since the 1980s and has remained in existence for decades.
- Mt Nyiragongo hiking
- Kigali City tour
- Goma City tour
- Visit Lake Kivu
- Day 1: Arrival in Kigali Rwanda-Face the active lava of Nyiragongo
- Day 2: Mount Nyiragongo Volcano Hike
- Day 3: Descend from Nyiragongo and Transfer Back to Kigali
Day 1: Arrival in Kigali Rwanda-Face the active lava of Nyiragongo
Arrival at Kigali International Airport and transfer to Goma – Congo on a smooth road through the beautiful hilly Rwanda’s countryside to start your 3 Day Active Volcanoe of Nyiragongo Tour.
Day 2: Mount Nyiragongo Volcano Hike
Breakfast followed by the transfer to Virunga national park office for the briefing the Active Volcanoe of Nyiragongo Hike Tour and start ascending the active volcano. Hiking will take 3 or 4 hours depending on your fitness. Overnight: Tents on the top of the volcano.
Day 3: Descend from Nyiragongo and Transfer Back to Kigali
Descend the volcano after your morning tea and arrive Goma town for lunch, Afternoon transfer to Kigali-Rwanda for your onward flight.
End of 3 day Active Volcanoe of Nyiragongo Tour
- All our tours/safaris can start and end in Kigali Rwanda or Entebbe Uganda with no extra costs
- Our tour consultant is at your disposal for any information you may need 24/7
- We do all your airport transfers in Kigali or Entebbe
- We arrange accommodation for you day before the tour starts and on the day tour ends with no extra costs
Transportation & Guides
We use both standard 4×4 customized safari vans and 4×4 luxury customized safari Land cruisers as our road mode of transport for game viewing, taking photos wildlife filming and photography, all our safari vehicles has pop up roofs for proper game viewing and easy for to take as much photos as you can, with also charging system for your cameras, phones and also every client is guaranteed of a window seat for easy view.
Our drive/guides are very professionally and well trained, we know every successful safari needs a great guide, majority of the comments from our clients regarding our services are centered on the professionalism of our guides, returning clients request the same guide on their second and third trip.
– Meet & greet services airport transfers to/from Kigali airport,
– Accommodation and meals on safari as above,
– Nyiragongo hiking permit per person
– Bottled water in the safari vehicle,
– Full time services of English speaking driver/guide,
– All park entry fees and set activities on the itinerary.
– Visas, Rwanda gorilla permit
– Personal travel insurance and items of a personal nature.
– Charter/Scheduled flights also optional extra.
– Plus all expenses of personal nature like tips, drinks etc.
COST PER PERSON SHARING TWIN/DOUBLE ROOMS.
Cost per person sharing Price(USD)
1 person 1575
2 people 1350
3 people 1245
4 people 1150
5 people 1050
6 people 890