Gorilla trekking combined with Kenya wildlife safari
Combining 2023 to 2025 gorilla Trekking in Uganda with Kenya Safari
It’s now possible to combine your Kenya wildlife safari with mountain gorillas, for those who are planning to visit gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park or Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, you can easily combine your gorilla trekking tour in Uganda with Kenya wildlife safari through Kisoro Tours Uganda. in this article we going to show you in detail how to combine gorilla trekking with Kenya wildlife safari. Through Kisoro Tours Uganda, we are able to help different travelers to plan and book this tour combo of mountain gorilla trekking in Uganda with a Kenya wildlife trip.
Mountain gorilla trekking is one of the activities that should not miss on your list of things to do on your visit to East Africa, on this trip, Kisoro tours Uganda will give you the opportunity to visit mountain gorillas in Bwindi Forest. Mountain gorilla trekking in Uganda are found in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, in Rwanda gorillas are found in Volcanoes National Park, and DR-Congo mountain gorillas can be found in Virunga National Park. The combination of primates with viewing wildlife in Kenya is defined as a truly African experience that combines wildlife viewing in the plains of Masai Mara, visiting the beaches in Mombasa or Malindi with a visit to Kenya’s Rift Valley.
How to Combine 2023 to 2025 Gorilla Trekking with Kenya Safari?
Kisoro tours have many options on how to combine gorilla Trekking with Kenya wildlife safari, we are flexible because you can choose to start your tour combo of gorilla trekking with Kenya wildlife safari from Uganda or Rwanda for gorilla trekking then after connecting to Kenya for wildlife viewing safari or vice versa starting from Kenya and end from Uganda or Rwanda after gorilla trekking.
Is it possible to drive from Kenya to Uganda? Connecting from Kenya to Uganda by road?
Yes, many of our clients prefer to drive from Uganda to Kenya or vice vase, the drive connecting both countries is very interesting because it gives you the opportunity to see the countryside of both countries. However, for those who want to fly, it is also possible because there are many daily flights connecting Uganda and Kenya.
For those who choose to fly, the flight between Uganda and Kenya takes 45 minutes to an hour while if you choose to drive it takes between 9 hours to 11 hours depending on which part of the country you are going to. For those who choose to drive from Kenya to Uganda, the best route is to start your trip from Kenya and drive towards the west of Kenya and then cross the border to Uganda Via the Busia border it is the best route and easier way to drive from Kenya to Uganda.
Kisoro Tours is always at your disposal for any information you may need or advice you may need throughout your trip.
Some of our 2023 to 2025 tour packages of gorilla trekking combined with Kenya wildlife safari
- 7 Days gorilla trekking and Masai Mara Safari: Gorilla trekking tour in Bwindi impenetrable forest national park of Uganda and wildlife game viewing in Masai Mara national park of Kenya, this is going to be the highlights of this 7 days of gorilla trekking and Masai Mara safari. On this tour, you will be able to enjoy the big five animals while on game drives in Masai Mara National Park and the famous mountain gorilla trek in Bwindi forest.
- 8 Days Gorilla, chimpanzee trekking and Masai Mara Safari: This 8 day takes you to Uganda’s Bwindi impenetrable forest national park for mountain gorilla trekking, Kibale forest national park for chimpanzee trekking, and Kenya’s Masai Mara national park for big game wildlife safari, the tour combination of Uganda and Kenya gives you an opportunity to see the most amazing wild animals of Africa including mountain gorillas in Bwindi forest, chimpanzees in Kibale forest, see all big five with great wildebeest migration in Masai Mara and others.
- 11-Day Uganda gorilla trekking & Kenya wildlife safari: 11 days safari highlight of Uganda and Kenya, both countries which include big-game-big give in Kenya’s wildlife reserves and in other savannahs national park, mountain gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable forest national park, goldarn monkey trekking in Mgahinga gorilla national park, parks to visit in Kenya include Lake Naivasha, Masai Mara National Park, and Samburu National Park, and also get to enjoy other Flora and Fauna for both Uganda and Kenya.
- 14-Day Kenya wildlife safari & gorilla trekking in Uganda: This 14 days Uganda and Kenya tour is the top safari highlights of Uganda and Kenya safari which includes big-game-big five in Kenya’s wildlife reserves and in other savannahs national park, mountain gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable forest national park, goldarn monkey trekking in Mgahinga gorilla national park, Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale forest. Among the other places to visit while in Kenya includes Lake Naivasha, Serengeti/Masai Mara National Park, and Samburu National Park.
2023 to 2025 gorilla trekking permit price for Uganda and Rwanda?
Uganda and Rwanda gorilla permit prices are not the same, Uganda gorilla permit costs $700 per person per trek for Foreign Non-Residents, $600 for Foreign Residents, and 250,000 Uganda shillings ($70) for locals and other East African citizens while Rwanda gorilla permit costs double $1500 per person for Foreign Non-Residents and $500 for Foreign Residents. This means that by trekking gorillas in Uganda instead of Rwanda you will be saving $800 on each permit which can be used to extend your trip to other parks in Uganda.
Gorilla permit of either of the country gives you an opportunity to spend one hour with mountain gorillas, however, Uganda has a new activity that allows you to spend more time with mountain gorillas, the activity is called gorilla habituation experience where tourists are given the opportunity to take part in gorilla habituation process, gorilla habituation permit costs $1500 per person and you are allowed to spend up to 4 hours with gorillas in Bwindi forest in the company of researchers, trekkers, and other well-experienced ranger guides. Gorilla habituation can last for 2 to 3 years for the gorillas to get used to the presence of humans and be open to tourism.
How to book 2023 to 2025 Uganda gorillas with Kenya Wildlife Safari
When planning gorilla trekking with Kenya safari, you will need to first secure a gorilla permit in advance because gorilla permit is in high demand and they are sold on a first come first serve so to confirm your safari. Gorilla permits can be purchased directly from Uganda Wildlife Authority at their headquarters in Kampala or at the office in Kisoro town. However, it is recommended to book your gorilla permit through local tour operators like us.
Kisoro Tours we are one of the best gorilla safari companies best in Uganda, we can purchase your gorilla permit in advance and also on short notice, get in tach with our tour consultants so we start planning your combined gorilla trekking with Kenya wildlife safari, and you can contact us via email call or WhatsApp using the contacts on this website.
What is the best time to Combining Gorilla Trekking in Uganda with Kenya Safari?
Uganda and Kenya safari combined can be done any time any day throughout the year, however, some tourists prefer to visit Uganda and Kenya during the dry season in the months of June July, August, September, October, December, January, and February.
During the dry season, it makes it easier to drive on bad roads in the national parks which gives you a clear view of wildlife and other vegetation covers, now this is not to say that during the wet season in the months of March, April, May, and November that you cannot enjoy Uganda or Kenya’s national parks, I must I will be wet but to some people, it’s the best time visit Uganda or Kenya for a safari because during these months there are fewer tourists in the parks so you better chances to see wildlife with competing with many people.
What to include on your packing list for gorilla trekking combined with Kenya wildlife safari?
Many of our clients ask us different questions wondering what to include to their packing list as they prepare for their African safari, below are some of the things that you may need to include on your packing list for African Safari.
- Proper hiking boots-it will be useful during gorilla trekking as you hike up and down in the impenetrable forest of Uganda
- A warm sweater-when you go gorilla trekking in Uganda in the evenings and mornings it can be cold
- Rain jacket-gorilla trekking is done in the rainforest so it can rain any time of the day.
- A hat and sun glasses-are nice things to include in your packing list depending on the weather, you can use them when on game drives in the savannah parks
- Cameras with extra batteries on every African safari, and photography are very important to keep your memories alive.
- A pair of Binoculars-it is useful for those who love birds and also while on the game drive.
- Garden gloves-it is useful when trekking gorillas as they will help you when you hold onto hot plants through trekking in the impenetrable forest.
- A mosquito Repellent- you need it in the evenings when seating out and also when going out trekking
- A sun screen-it is one of the things that must not forget to include on your packing list because, during the dry season, it can be really hot.
Why book the 2023 to 2025 gorilla trekking in Uganda with Kenya safari through Kisoro Tours Uganda?
Kisoro Tours Uganda we are a local tour operator best in Uganda, we offer customizing tailor-made gorilla trekking tours and other wildlife safaris in Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya Tanzania, and in DR-Congo. Kisoro Tours can combine your gorilla trekking with other wildlife safaris in any of the above countries, our African tour consultants are at your disposal to make a travel plan for you and answer all your travel questions in the shortest time possible to easier your tour planning and make sure all your trip is booked in advance.
For more details on Kenya’s big game safaris with gorillas in Uganda, you can as well reach us at email@example.com or call us at +256785790925 and also on WhatsApp for free quotes or any other enquires you may need to make.