Can elderly, disabled people, and seniors go for gorilla trekking in Bwindi?
Yes, it’s no longer an issue whether old, elderly, disabled or seniors can now all go for Gorilla Trekking in Uganda’s Bwindi forest national park, at Kisoro Tours we organize gorilla trekking for disabled, elderly, and seniors, it is organized in the same way as others, the only difference is that they are assigned to trek a gorilla family which is closer and for the elderly, disabled people and for all those who cannot walk for long distances we will organize and to hire porters and a sedan chair which will take you to the gorillas and back so there is no excuse to miss out on this lifetime experience. Contact our team to discuss in detail or booking of gorilla trekking for elderly and disabled people in Bwindi.
Mountain gorilla is the most intriguing primates in Africa which mean everyone wants to see them in their natural habitat because they cannot be seen in the zoos like other animals, for anyone to see mountain gorillas must go to Uganda, Rwanda or DR-Congo in East Africa.
Cost of gorilla trekking permits for elderly, disabled people, and seniors go for gorilla trekking in Bwindi?
Uganda gorilla trekking permits for Mgahinga gorilla national park or Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park cost $700 per person per trek.
Rwanda gorilla trekking permit cost $1500 per person per trek for Volcanoes national park but I must say the Rwanda gorilla permit is expensive so some travelers prefer crossing to Uganda because the trekking experience is the same.
While the DR-Congo gorilla permit costs only $500 per person per trek but currently we don’t recommend to our clients to go to see gorillas in Congo because of insecurity around Virunga national park in Congo.
The elderly, disabled people and seniors travelers who cannot walk for long-distance and wish to trek mountain gorillas will have to pay $500 extra for hiring porters and sedan chairs to take you to the forest to see gorillas and back as you enjoy the ultimate wildlife experience on earth.
the $500 for the porters and sedan chairs includes sedan chairs with handlers, seat belts, and a steel base are used to lift you or use a stretcher which is made out of local bamboo, the number of the porter who will carry you is about and they carry 4 at a time when they get tired another take over like that until the end of the trekking, the porters come from the communities living around the park so they know the terrain and this forest very so when you hire a porter you are supporting the communities living around these parks directly.
You will be amazed; these porters will carry you throughout the forest as you look/trek gorillas and after trekking, they will bring you back to the starting point. Porters will carry you without letting you touch the ground until your ranger guide locates the mountain gorillas, spend one full hour with the gorillas after porters will once again lift you and return you to the car.
How can elderly, disabled people, and seniors go for gorilla trekking in Bwindi?
After giving you the above information, one could wonder if gorilla trekking is really something elderly, disabled people, and seniors should go for given their physical limitations or age, with us at Kisoro Tours Uganda we came to know that gorilla trekking is not only for those who are physically fit and youthful, we also give the opportunity to disabled people and elderly to see mountain gorillas in its natural habitat because we don’t want you to go for other wildlife encounters and miss out on the very important best activity of your life just because of your age or disability.
Most of the tourists and other travelers who contact us for gorilla tracking tours are in the age brackets are of between 30 to 50 years of age simply because of fitness level and physical limitations. At Kisoro Tours Uganda Ltd you are never too old or disabled for gorilla trekking in Uganda provided that you are allowed on a plane to Africa we will make your dream of seeing mountain gorillas in their natural habitant come true just contact us we will organize your dream safari to Africa.
Many of our clients after booking their gorilla safaris with us usually asked us If they can bring their old mothers or granny for gorilla trekking in Uganda and the answer we give them is yes, it is possible as long as they can get here we share book their trekking permits and also organize porter and sedan also known as “African helicopter” chair that takes you to the gorillas and back safely.
At the time of the briefing, the Rangers and wardens will check all the passports and identify all those who may need special attention. In case one is 60 years and above but fit enough, they will be assigned a nearby gorilla family. If you are 60 years but in excellent shape, you can request a longer trek to have more fun and adventure in the forest. You don’t have to accept an easier trek just because someone told you to do so. There is a lot to explore while tracking mountain gorillas. You will encounter beautiful flora and fauna (birds, primates, insects, butterflies, and moths) along the way.
How to book gorilla trekking permits for the elderly, disabled people, and seniors?
At Kisoro Tours, apart from hiking ability, physical fitness, and the other criteria used when booking gorilla safaris for our clients, the first the most important is the availability of gorilla permits because there is a limit on the number of permits issued per day and permits are booked on first come first serve bases, so for those who are interested we advise you to book your gorilla trekking permits between six months to a year in advance to avoid missing out on the day of your choice.
You can book your gorilla trekking for elderly and disabled people in Bwindi with a trusted local licensed tour company like us Kisoro Tours or book directly from Uganda Wildlife Authority head offices in Kampala but it is recommended to book through a private local tour operator who will advise you basing on their experience and knowledge.
Other Key 6 things to consider when booking gorilla trekking for elderly and disabled people in Bwindi
- Apart from hiking ability and physical fitness, elderly and disabled people are always worried about their security, either way in Uganda or Rwanda security and safety of tourists and other visitors are the number one priority, most times during trekking you are escorted by armed park rangers but they role is to protect you from forest elephants, buffaloes, and other wild animals.
- For DR Congo, there are a lot of insecurities so the security situation is not unpredictable so for this reason we do not recommend to our clients to trek gorillas there.
- One another thing elderly and disabled people are worried about is the seating in the car for many hours/driving distance from Entebbe airport to Bwindi Impenetrable forest national park or Mgahinga gorilla national park, this is no longer an issue because there is a daily flight going to Bwindi forest from Entebbe airport or Kajjansi airfield, the other option is to fly to Kigali international airport and cross the border to Uganda via Kyanika or Katuna border to Bwindi impenetrable forest is shorter drive just 3 to 4 hours drive compared to 9 to 10 hours driving from Entebbe to Bwindi.
- But if you traveling on a budget and your budget cannot allow extra few hundred dollars for a domestic flight from Entebbe to Bwindi Forest then you don’t have to worry because the drive to Bwindi Forest is mazing with few stopovers, remarkable scenery driving through different villages, towns, and home stays.
- About the accommodation, whether you book a budget accommodation, mid-range or luxury are all of the high quality, all accommodations facilities that Kisoro Tours uses are built in a way that allows the elderly and disabled to access them easily.
- Apart from booking gorilla trekking for elderly and disabled people in Bwindi, you also need to know what to bring or parking list for gorilla trekking which include a pair of boot, a pair of long pants, a pair of long-sleeved shirts, hand gloves, one rain jackets, one warm sweater to use in morning and evening, sunglasses, insect repellents and also first aid kits with all the medicine you need is recommended.
you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +256785790925 also on WhatsApp for free information or a free quote