Mountain Gorillas Tracking Rules Uganda Rwanda Congo, Trekking gorillas is not easy and no guaranteed that you will see them, tracking through the impenetrable forest and very dense vegetation hiking up and down steep slopes which can last for several hours to get where the gorilla family/group you are tracking is. The dense forest is filled with burning and stinging nettles and red safari ants so we recommend you to bring the following items
What to Wear and Clothing to Gorilla Tracking Uganda, Rwanda, and Congo?
- While going to track gorillas please wear gloves
- wearing long lightweight long wool socks which are comfortable for a mountain tropical forest
- Come with proper walking gear what to wear when going for gorilla trekking
- Sometimes it can be hot so please remember to carry a hat to protect you from the strong sun rays
- Due to the high altitude, you may need a sweater for cool evenings and chilly mornings
- You also need a few long-sleeved shirts and trousers to ensure that when you are out for mountain gorilla trekking you put on long-sleeved T-shirts and trousers to avoid insects such as safari ants entering your trousers.
- a lightweight waterproof jacket is advisable as weather conditions in the impenetrable forest can change at any time
- You will need also sun cream is also as the temperature can change
- The last thing on your packing list should be a Video/photo camera with extra lenses and reserve batteries because Photography is most important when going on gorilla tracking safari, you have to sure that your camera is ready all the time and extra batteries necessary as you will need to take many photographs on this gorillas tour.
- To make this walk to the gorillas easy you will need a porter to give you a push and carry your small backpack on the way to the gorillas as tracking takes time, a porter costs only $15 but it is worth it.
Rules of Tracking Gorillas in Uganda, Rwanda, and Congo?
- Children below 15 years of age are not allowed to track gorillas
- If you are sick or have any infectious disease you will not be allowed to see gorillas
- Once you find gorillas you are allowed to spend only one hour with them
- Only a maximum of 8 people/visitors are to track one gorilla family/group per day
- While taking photos/photographing gorillas flashing is not allowed
- For anyone to enjoy gorilla tracking you have to be fit
- While you are with gorillas NO eating or drinking
7. No one is allowed to touch gorillas or pointing at them. Unless gorillas themselves decide to touch you as they pass you.
Mountain Gorillas Tracking Rules Uganda Rwanda Congo