9 Thing should not miss on what to pack, bring, and what to wear for gorilla trekking safari in Uganda or Rwanda
When planning a gorilla safari to Africa you must also have a personal packing list for gorilla tracking in Uganda or Rwanda to guide you as you may have your own preferences, below are some of the things we recommend for you to include on your packing list when coming to Africa for mountain gorilla tracking in Uganda or Rwanda.
1. Some Energy Giving snacks: gorilla trekking is done in thick Impenetrable forests of Africa and trekking can take between one hour to eight depending on the movement of gorillas so we recommend that you must have some level of fitness for you to enjoy the gorilla trekking experience and that’s why we recommend that you bring some energy giving snacks to supplement on the packed lunch that you will get from the lodge.
2. Cameras: When you are on a gorilla trekking safari every moment is very special which needs to be captured on camera for reference when you get back from tracking.
3. Extra Camera Batteries: during your gorilla safari photographing is an important aspect of the trip, this means that you have to make sure your cameras are fully charged and ready to take photos at any time. Extra camera batteries on your personal packing list for gorilla tracking in Uganda or Rwanda are very important because you will need to take as many photos as can for the whole one hour you will spend with gorillas,
4. Sun Glasses: This is also a useful thing to carry with you because as you know Africa sometimes it can be hot so sunglasses will protect you from the strong sun rays of Africa.
5. A Pair of Binoculars: if you love birds, it will be nice to have a pair of binoculars for you to have clear views of some birds in the distance, Uganda is well known as a top African birding destination and Bwindi Forest National Park hosts over 350 bird’s spices.
6. Walking/Hiking Boots: because of the nature trail in the forest, you need to have a good pair of hiking boots.
7. Garden Gloves: during your gorilla trekking you walk through a thick forest with some hot plants so garden gloves will help you to protect your hands on your way to the gorillas
8. Rain Jacket is Required: mountain gorilla trekking is done in the African tropical impenetrable rain forest means that the forest receives more rain and it can rain at any time any day, so you have to add a rain jacket to your packing list just in case it rains while you’re still in forest trekking.
9. Long-Sleeved Shirts or Blouse: it is a way recommended to put on long-sleeved trousers, shirts, or blouses when you are going out in the forest for gorilla trekking, it protects you from hot plants and insects.
Other Things you may need to include on your personal packing list for gorilla tracking in Uganda or Rwanda include the following.
- Some short-sleeved t-shirts which you can use after trekking and during your free time
- A warm sweat to use in the evening and mornings sometimes it can be cool
- A pair of shorts would also be nice during the day
- A simple walking boots which you can use during your free time
- A pair of Sleepwear is also recommended
- Few pairs of underwear are good to include on your list
- A pair of lightweight socks are recommended
- Sunscreen is a must while you are on safari in Africa
- Insect repellent is also a must when planning a trip to Africa
- A flashlight is also useful at night in some places
- Some personal prescription medicines from your personal doctor would be nice
you can reach us at email@example.com or call us at +256785790925 also on WhatsApp for free information or a free quote