4 Days Rwanda Gorilla and Chimpanzee Safari
This 4 Days Gorilla and Chimpanzee Tracking in Rwanda takes you to the forest in search of 13 primates species and over 300 bird species and to Volcanoes National Park for the incredible experience of mountain gorilla trekking
Safari Highlights of Rwanda Gorilla and Chimpanzee trekking
- Visit Lake Kivu in Gisenyi
- Gorilla tracking in Volcanoes National Park
- Chimpanzee tracking in Nyungwe Forest
- Visit Butare Rwanda National Museum
- Canopy walk in Nyungwe Forest
Tour Summary of Rwanda Gorilla and Chimpanzee trekking
- Day 1: Arrival in Kigali Rwanda and a city tour
- Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe Forest and cultural tour
- Day 3: Transfer to Kinigi via Lake Kivu, Gisenyi Town
- Day 4: Gorilla tracking in Volcanoes National Park and Departure
Day 1: Arrival and Kigali city tour
Upon arrival in Kigali on your Rwanda Gorilla and Chimpanzee Safari, your professional driver-guide will meet you and transfer to you Nyungwe Forest National Park, home to 13 primates and 300 bird species, making it a bird watcher’s paradise! You may have a stopover in Butare and visit the National Museum of Rwanda. Dinner and overnight at the accommodation of your budget.
Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe forest and cultural tour
Have breakfast and enter Nyungwe forest in search of 13 primate species and over 300 bird species. Nyungwe Forest is one of the destinations in the world where you can see up to 13 primates species just in one area; these include chimpanzees, the Blue Monkeys, L’Hoest’s Monkeys, vervet monkeys, the endangered golden monkeys, and the Angolan black and white Colobus Monkeys among others. Nyungwe forest has huge concentrations of habituated primates whose troops can include 400 to 500 individuals! This is a unique tourism phenomenon. Return to your lodge for lunch and relax at the lodge.
You can relax after lunch or go for a cultural walk among the local communities where you will be entertained by local cultural performances, and get to know more about the local cultures. Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
Day 3: Nyungwe Forest – Lake Kivu Gisenyi Town – Kinigi
Gorilla Chimpanzee Tracking Rwanda, take morning breakfast and connect to Gisenyi town; a wonderful place to relax, having a captivating feel of a tropical beach resort due to its waterfront and sandy beaches and excellent views of Lake Kivu. Continue with the journey to Kinigi near Volcanoes National Park. Dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4: Gorilla tracking in Volcanoes National Park- Departure
Wake up early and prepare yourself for today’s incredible experience of gorilla tracking, you will transfer to Kinigi Headquarters with packed lunch, water, and light rain jackets, and attend a 30 minutes briefing about Gorilla tracking. You are advised to wear trekking boots because tracking goes through steep and slippery jungle grounds of the forest. Gorilla tracking is strenuous and tiresome but meeting and staying with these giant apes is worth the effort. You will be allowed to stay with gorillas for 1 hour for observation and photographing.
Descend to the lodge after tracking and immediately embark on your journey back to Kigali through the beautiful rolling hills of Rwanda. Transfer to the airport where the tour ends
End of Rwanda Gorilla and Chimpanzee trekking safari
- All our tours/safaris can start and end in Kigali Rwanda or Entebbe Uganda with no extra costs
- Our tour consultant is at your disposal for any information you may need 24/7
- We do all your airport transfers in Kigali or Entebbe
- We arrange accommodation for you day before the tour starts and on the day tour ends with no extra costs
Transportation & Guides
We use both standard 4×4 customized safari vans and 4×4 luxury customized safari Land cruisers as our road mode of transport for game viewing, taking photos wildlife filming and photography, all our safari vehicles has pop up roofs for proper game viewing and easy for to take as much photos as you can, with also charging system for your cameras, phones and also every client is guaranteed of a window seat for easy view.
Our drive/guides are very professionally and well trained, we know every successful safari needs a great guide, majority of the comments from our clients regarding our services are centered on the professionalism of our guides, returning clients request the same guide on their second and third trip.
– Meet & greet services airport transfers to/from Entebbe airport,
– Accommodation and meals on safari as above,
– One chimp and golden monkey permit per person
– Bottled water in the safari vehicle,
– Full time services of English speaking driver/guide,
– All park entry fees and set activities on the itinerary.
– Visas, Rwanda gorilla permit
– Personal travel insurance and items of a personal nature.
– Charter/Scheduled flights are also an optional extra.
– Plus all expenses of personal nature like tips, drinks, etc.
COST PER PERSON SHARING TWIN/DOUBLE ROOMS.
Cost per person sharing Price(USD)
1 person 2095
2 people 1747
3 people 1485
4 people 1175
5 people 945
6 people 740