Shoebill stork in Mabamba Swamp Entebbe-Bird watching Safaris Uganda
the only place where you have a 99% percent chance of seeing shoebill stork in Uganda is in Mabamba swamp which is about 30 to 45 minutes away from Entebbe, this place is the best destination for birders and it is the only bird-watching site where you came knowing that it is sure to deal to spot one of the most endangered bird species and rare the shoebill stork while in Uganda and Africa. Mabamba swamp is located near Entebbe airport so you can visit it at the beginning of your Uganda safari or after/end of your Uganda tour, so this means that shoebill stork bird watching safari in mabamba swamp can be added to any Uganda safari itinerary that starts or ends at Entebbe airport.
Mabamba Swamp is very interesting when you look at the way it spreads up with papyrus and Lily pads, mabamba swamp is also on Lake Victoria stretching through a narrow long bay covered by papyrus as it stretches towards Lake Victoria in Entebbe, Mabamba swamp is also well recognized by UNESCO as one of the world heritage sites in Uganda and Africa.
The best way to access shoebill stork in mabamba swamp Entebbe-bird watching safaris Uganda
Tourists and other visitors can access the shoebill in mabamba swamp using a canoe because being that it is a swamp the best way to see the shoebill on canoeing, for those interested in bird watching in mbamba swamp you must use the local site bird guides because they know mabamba swamp very well, local guides also know the best time and location to find shoebill. The cones used to use small engines, communities living around mabamba swamp have benefited a lot from tourism activities mainly shoebill and other bird watching safaris, many youths have been trained as local sites guide for this swamp and others are employed drive the boats.
The best time to see Shoebill in Mabamba swamp is normal in the morning hours but all in all shoebill stork in mabamba swamp Entebbe-bird watching safaris Uganda can be accessed any time of the day throughout the year.
Why for shoebill stork in mabamba swamp
Mabamba swamp has over 300 bird species, 12 of them are restricted to lake Victoria and 7 of them can only be found in Uganda, Kisoro tours Uganda organizes bird-watching trips to mabamba and to all other bird-watching destinations in Uganda contact us for more details. Shoebill stork watching in Mabamba swamp can be combined with other tourists activities around Entebbe such as a trip to Ngamba Islands, a Visit to Ssese Islands, and a visit to the Uganda wildlife education center Entebbe
The easiest way to access Mabamba swamp for bird watching safaris, Kisoro tours Uganda recommends access mabamba via Entebbe town using a ferry closing to Nakiwogo landing site to Kasanje landing site then drive for about 15 minutes to get to Mabamba swamp landing sites where the shoebill stork tours start from using canoe boats and in case you need any help you can always contact us because our offices are in Entebbe so we can easily help you and drop you or pick you.
Related gorilla tracking tours below
- 2 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tour from Kigali Rwanda
- 3-Day Fly in Rwanda Tracking Gorillas in Uganda
- 5 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari in Bwindi Forest Starting From Kigali Rwanda
- 6 days Uganda Primates and Mountain Hiking Safari From Kigali Rwanda
- 7 Days Uganda Primates and Wildlife Safari Starting From From Kigali Rwanda
- 7 Days Uganda Bird Watching and Primate Safaris From From Kigali Rwanda
- 14 Days Uganda Gorillas-Chimps and Wildlife Safaris From Rwanda
- Bwindi and Queen Elizabeth National Park 4 Days Safari
- 5 Days Bwindi Gorilla Tracking-Batwa (Pygmies) CommunityLake Mutanda-Kisoro
- 5 Days Uganda Gorilla and Wildlife Safari
- 8 DAYS UGANDA GORILLA SAFARI, CHIMPS TRACKING AND WILDLIFE
- 12 Days Uganda Primates & Wildlife Safari
- 14 Days Uganda Safari- Gorilla Tracking Tour in Uganda
- 7 Days Uganda Wildlife -Chimp Trekking Safari
You can reach us at email@example.com or call us at +256785790925 also on WhatsApp for free information or a free quote