Uganda gorilla tours and volcano hiking safaris, hiking is another exciting activity that can be done after or before gorilla tracking in Uganda’s Mgahinga Gorilla National Park and in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park, gorilla tours can be easily combined with volcano hiking safaris in Uganda more especially in Mgahinga gorilla national park in Kisoro region where you will find three volcanoes which include mount Gahinga volcano 3,474 meters, mount Muhavura volcano 4,127 meters and mount Sabinyo volcano 3,669 meters.
Gorilla tours and Uganda volcano hiking safaris
Kisoro tours Uganda offers Volcano hiking safaris and Uganda gorilla tracking which needs days of planning because volcano hiking is done in Kisoro district southwestern Uganda where Mgahinga gorilla national park is found, both gorilla tracking tours and volcano hiking safaris can start and end at Entebbe International Airport in Uganda or at Kigali International Airport in Rwanda.
Kisoro is well known for its gorilla tracking safaris and its three volcanoes Mt Sabinyo, Mt Gahinga, and Mt Muhavurs on the borders of Rwanda and DR-Congo also known as the Virunga massif which is divided into three national parks volcanoes national park on Rwanda side, Virunga national park on Congo side and Mgahinga gorilla national park on the Uganda side. When one hikes Mt Sabinyo to the top you will be standing in three Countries.
Mount Muhabura-now Muhavura
Mt Muhavura to locally in the Kisoro area is known as Muhabura, the highest peak of mount muhabura volcano on the Ugandan side is 4127 meters above sea level, in local language (Rufubira) Muhabura means guide which was used by locals to know different direction. those who wish to climb Mt Muhavura can hike through Uganda side or Rwanda side, once you hike Mt Muhabura to the top you enjoy amazing views of three countries Rwanda Uganda and DR-Congo also on top of Mt Muhavura volcano there is a beautiful crater lake so if you are a good swimmer you can as well swim but the water is very cold.
Mount Sabinyo and Mount Gahinga
Mt Sabinyo and Mt Gahinga are also one of the most interesting 2 volcanoes in Uganda one can be a hike in combination with Uganda gorilla tracking tours in Bwindi impenetrable forest national park or in Mgahinga gorilla national park, Mount Sabinyo is 3669 meters while Mount Gahing is 3474 meters, in order for you to hike both volcanoes you need about 3 days because each volcano needs one full day of hiking and also gorilla trekking safari needs a full day. In the local language Sabinyo means old man’s teeth while Gahinga means a hip of stones. Kisoro tours Uganda we remain at your disposal for any other information you may need to know about Uganda gorilla tracking and volcano hiking safari in Uganda.
Related gorilla safaris and volcano hiking safaris
- 2 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tour from Kigali Rwanda
- 3 Day Fly in Rwanda Tracking Gorillas in Uganda
- 5 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari in Bwindi Forest Starting From Kigali Rwanda
- 6 days Uganda Primates and Mountain Hiking Safari From Kigali Rwanda
- 7 Days Uganda Primates and Wildlife Safari Starting From From Kigali Rwanda
- 7 Days Uganda Bird Watching and Primate Safaris From From Kigali Rwanda
- 14 Days Uganda Gorillas-Chimps and Wildlife Safaris From Rwanda
- Bwindi and Queen Elizabeth National Park 4 Days Safari
- 5 Days Bwindi Gorilla Tracking-Batwa (Pygmies) CommunityLake Mutanda-Kisoro
- 5 Days Uganda Gorilla and Wildlife Safari
- 8 DAYS UGANDA GORILLA SAFARI, CHIMPS TRACKING AND WILDLIFE
- 12 Days Uganda Primates & Wildlife Safari
- 14 Days Uganda Safari- Gorilla Tracking Tour in Uganda
- 7 Days Uganda Wildlife -Chimp Trekking Safari