Uganda gorilla tracking safaris via Kisoro, when you are planning mountain gorilla tracking safari in Uganda, it’s important to note that Kisoro is the main center for gorilla tracking in Uganda, form Kisoro town to Mgahinga gorilla national park and form Kisoro to Rushage gorilla tracking sector, Nkuringo gorilla tracking sector of Bwindi impenetrable forest national park it is only 35 kilometers away from Kisoro town making Kisoro as main gorilla tracking center in Uganda.
Kisoro tours Uganda limited has introduced budget gorilla tracking safaris via Kisoro town to make it easy for the low budget travelers who wish to trek Uganda gorillas in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park and in Bwindi forest.
Main activities in Mgahinga gorilla national park in Kisoro
Mgahinga is one of Uganda’s smallest national park which is 33.7 km2, this park can only be accessed via Kisoro which is about 30 to 40 minutes drive from Kisoro town to the Mugahinga gorilla national park headquarters, the main activities include hiking Mt Muhavura 4,127 meters, hiking mount Sabinyo 3,669 meters, hiking mount Gahinga 3,474 meters, famous mountain gorilla tracking, and golden monkey tracking.
Another activity in Mgahinga gorilla national park includes exploring the Batwa (Pygmies) trail; Mgahinga is also one of the best places in Uganda for bird watching safaris, nature walking safaris and Batwa cultural dances.
Mgahinga gorilla national park is part of the Virunga conservation area which is shared between three countries Rwanda with Volcanoes national park, DR-Congo with Virunga national park, and Uganda’s Mgahinga gorilla national park
Mgahinga is located in Kisoro district southwestern Uganda bordering with Rwanda and DR-Congo, these three countries it is the only place where you can go for gorilla tracking safaris in the whole world.
Best time for gorilla tracking safaris in Mgahinga gorilla national park
Gorilla tracking in Mgahinga can be done throughout the year, but the best time is during the dry seasons in the month of June, July, August, September and December, January, and February because during the dry season it is easy to walk in the forest, during the rainy season the forest is very muddy making it had to walk in the forest so during the dry season is the recommended and best time to go for Uganda gorilla tracking safaris.
How to get to Mgahinga gorilla national park for gorilla safaris via Kisoro
Mgahinga can be accessed by air and by road, for example from Kampala by road through Kabale town and Kisoro town it takes about 9 to 10 hours drive including few stopovers, you can access Mgahinga by air, there is a daily flight to Kisoro airstrip from Entebbe international airport, if you choose to fly to Kisoro you will have to hire to the car which will pick from Kisoro airport to Mgahinga gorilla national park headquarters where most of the activities start and end from.
Related Uganda gorilla tracking safaris via Kisoro
- 2 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tour from Kigali Rwanda
- 3 Day Fly in Rwanda Tracking Gorillas in Uganda
- 5 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari in Bwindi Forest Starting From Kigali Rwanda
- 6 days Uganda Primates and Mountain Hiking Safari From Kigali Rwanda
- 7 Days Uganda Primates and Wildlife Safari Starting From From Kigali Rwanda
- 7 Days Uganda Bird Watching and Primate Safaris From From Kigali Rwanda
- 14 Days Uganda Gorillas-Chimps and Wildlife Safaris From Rwanda
- Bwindi and Queen Elizabeth National Park 4 Days Safari
- 5 Days Bwindi Gorilla Tracking-Batwa (Pygmies) CommunityLake Mutanda-Kisoro
- 5 Days Uganda Gorilla and Wildlife Safari
- 8 DAYS UGANDA GORILLA SAFARI, CHIMPS TRACKING AND WILDLIFE
- 12 Days Uganda Primates & Wildlife Safari
- 14 Days Uganda Safari- Gorilla Tracking Tour in Uganda
- 7 Days Uganda Wildlife -Chimp Trekking Safari