Uganda Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari Packing List-Kisoro Tours Uganda, when planning gorilla safari to Africa you must also have a packing list to guide as you may have your own preferences, below are some of the things we recommend to put on your packing list when coming to Uganda or Rwanda for gorilla trekking safari
- Some Energy Giving snacks: gorilla trekking is done in thick Impenetrable forests of Africa and trekking can take between one hour to eight so we recommend that you must have some level of fitness for you to enjoy gorilla trekking experience and that’s why we recommend that you bring some energy giving snacks to supplement on the packed lunch that you will get the lodge.
- Drinking-Water: for anyone going for mountain gorilla trekking, it’s a must to carry drinking water with you and we recommend a minimum of 2 litters per person, it’s advisable even to more if you can because you don’t know when you are coming back from trekking.
- Cameras: When you are on gorilla trekking every moment is very special which needs to be captured on camera for references when you get back from tracking.
- Extra Camera Batteries: During your gorilla safari photographing is an important aspect of the trip, this means that you have to make sure your cameras are fully charged and ready to take photos at any time. Extra camera batteries on your gorilla safari are very important because you will need to take as many photos as can for the whole one hour you will spend with gorillas.
- SunGlasses: This is also a useful thing to carry with you because as you know Africa sometimes it can be hot so sunglasses will protect you from the strong sun rays of Africa.
- A Pair of Binoculars: If you are a bird lover it will nice to a pair of binoculars for you to have clear views of some birds in the distance, Uganda is well known as a top African birding destination and Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National park hosts over 350 birds.
- Hire a Porter: We recommend you take a porter for your gorilla trekking tour, mountain gorilla trekking sometimes it can be strenuous so a porter will carry your drinking water, packed lunch, cameras, etc but above all, I can tell you need someone to push and pull to make it easy for you to reach gorillas and back
Hiring a porter costs only $15 per porter, after briefing your guide/ranger will arrange for a porter, and also when you use a porter you are directly supporting the local communities around this park.
- Walking/Hiking Boots: because of the nature forests you hike through track gorillas good hiking boots are highly recommended.
- Garden Gloves: during your gorilla trekking you walk through a thick forest with some hot trees so garden gloves will help you to protect your hands on your way to gorillas
- Rain Jacket is Required: mountain gorilla trekking is done in the Africa tropical impenetrable rain forest means that that forest receives more rain and it can rain at anytime any day, so you have to add a rain jacket to your packing list just in case it rains while you’re still in forest trekking.
- Long-Sleeved Shirts or Blouse: it is a way recommended to put on long-sleeved trousers, shirts, or blouse when you are going for gorilla trekking. It protects you from hot trees and insects.
Other things you may need to include on your Packing List when going for Gorilla Tracking Safari which includes the following.
- Some short-sleeved t-shirts which you can use after trekking
- A warm sweat to use in the evening sometimes it can be cool
- A pair of shorts would also be nice during the day
- A waterproof also is useful
- A simple walking boots which you can use during your free time
- A pair of sandals is also recommended when traveling
- A wide hat it’s nice when traveling in Africa it also protects you from the sun
- A pair of Sleepwear is also recommended
- Few pairs of underwear are good
- A pair of lightweight socks are recommended
- Sunscreen is a must while you are on safari in Africa
- Insect repellent is also a must when planning gorilla safari
- The flashlight is also useful at night
- Some personal prescription medicines would be nice
- Small notebook for you to take notes during your tour.
Uganda Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari Packing List-Kisoro Tours Uganda