The Walking safari from Lake Mutanda to Bwindi forest national park
we all know that Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National park is well known for its mountain gorilla trekking at the current permit price of $700 per person, there is much more Bwindi forest has to offer than just gorilla trekking, such as walking/hiking safaris through the Bwindi forest and bird watching, walking from Lake Mutanda in Kisoro to Bwindi forest is the last activity that few are aware of that it can be added on the gorilla trekking activity yet it is an extremely rewarding activity which can be done before or after gorilla trek in Bwindi forest.
Walking through the Bwindi forest from Lake Mutanda in Kisoro
This walk can start from Lake Mutanda through Nkuringo and end in Buhoma or start from Buhoma via Nkuringo to Lake Mutanda in the Kisoro area, this walk is guided and escorted by park rangers through Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National park, There are 2 main walking trails from Nkuring to Buhoma which is Ivy River Trail that takes about 5 to 6 hours walk and the Kashasha River Trail which take about 4 to 5 hours both trails are well maintained and are not very difficult to hike.
Things you need to know about this walking from Lake Mutanda to Bwindi forest
Bwindi impenetrable forest national park is home to more than half of the world’s population of mountain gorillas, Bwindi is also home to over 350 bird species, and other different animals and butterflies.
- On this hike, you need at least 2 liters of water, packed lunch.
- Walking shoes, long trousers, rain jacket
- For the prices please contact us, we can combine this hike/walk with other Uganda safari.
- On this hike you can spend one night at Nkuringo, we recommend the Bwindi gorilla lodge in Nkuringo, next day in the morning continue with your walk/hike towards Lake Mutanda or Buhoma, depending on which side you started the walk from which takes you through different villages and incredible views of this part of Uganda.
- If interested to know more about walking/hiking and other Uganda safaris please contact us.
- Those who just want car hire and go for a self-drive road trip in Uganda can also contact us.
you can reach us at email@example.com or call us at +256785790925 also on WhatsApp for free information or a free quote